Accessing & Integrating At Strategic Levels
Accessing & Integrating at Strategic Levels
Gapping is a process for conducting business-based conversations with customer Key Decision Makers (KDMs). The Brooks Group defines Key Decision Makers as individuals that have P&L responsibility or set strategic objectives for their organizations.
The Gapping process is designed to enable Account Managers to explore with their customer KDMs:
- The KDM’s business objectives
- The gaps that confront the KDM in achieving their business objectives
The Gapping process can be visualized below:
Once we understand these gaps, or what keeps the KDM awake at night, then we may make a determination if we want to devote the time, effort, and energy to assist them in bridging the gap. Certainly if KDMs view that an Account Manager helps them meet their most pressing needs, then the AM comes to be viewed as a consultant that can help them overcome their business challenges, and very possibly someone that is critical to the company’s future success.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop the skills necessary to integrate strategically with key decision makers, understand their business issues, and provide solutions that benefit both your customers and your organization
- Understand how communication networks and organizational structures influence customer decision making
- Implement an effective process for proposing solutions to customers’ critical business issues
- Leverage cross-functional relationships and skill expertise with your customer
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CREDIT
Participants who require credit through NASBA or SHRM can expect 6 credits for completing this program. Please note that the number of credits is subject to change, please contact us to confirm the number of credit hours is current.
Work with us to design custom training courses for your Account Managers, Sales Team, Leadership and more.
We offer customized, off-site training programs in addition to our open-enrollment workshops hosted at our office. Any of our Open Enrollment offerings can be customized to meet your team’s needs.
Let's Work Together
Contact us today to learn how The Brooks Group will transform your business.